Monday, November 01, 2010

Unbekannt


Astonishingly delused by a season stranged enough as to pass by without major notice, I took a couple of later valuable minutes to meditate of what is the meaning of our feelings towards the things we don't know.

Rare, yet not unfeasible are some things I have recently heard; therefore making me think on the causability of the universe. A season for changes and contrasts, quite interesting for a quiet living.

I must quote a couple of key aspects of this reflection in the pure form they came to my encounter:


"Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received."

...

"Get it into your head once and for all, my simple and very fainthearted fellow, that what fools call humanness is nothing but a weakness born of fear and egoism; that this chimerical virtue, enslaving only weak men, is unknown to those whose character is formed by stoicism, courage, and philosophy"

...

"Faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but working side by side to take us around the unknown curve"

... after all, it's quite funny to continue being surprised....



Music by: Queens of the Stone Age [Long Slow Goodbye]

No comments: